Subject: Re: WANTED: Floppy formatter
To: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/19/1995 15:47:17
> Here is something I saved a couple of months ago (I'm such a pack
> rat).  I have not tried it out for myself.  I think the floppy driver
> has changed a bit since April, so it may take some work to get it to
> function.
> -----
> Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc
> From: jtk@atria.com (John Kohl)
> Subject: Re: format_fd0

I tried that very code a while back (probably April 29) and it entirely
failed to format a floppy.  I didn't have time to try to figure out what went
wrong, especially since I only needed to format a couple of floppies and as
long as needed to reboot to check it, I might as well just have DOS do it :-).