Subject: Kernel compiling:- can't find swap?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gary Henderson <garyh@wet.sbi.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/16/1995 13:56:20
Hello,

Sorry to bother you lot, but all kernels I've built using the 15th May
source code snapshot now can't seem to find the swap partition.

What have I done ?

savecore reports: "can't find device 131/208" when using the generic swap
option, but if I force the swap partition to wd0b it reports
"savecore: wd0a device busy".

pstat -s reports "malloc: unknown error 0" while vmstat just segmentation
faults. All other programs I've tried seem to work fine.

The generic kernel that came with the 15th May binary snapshot and a kernal
that I built myself latter (using the 15th May source code) both still work
fine,- pstat, vmstat and savecore report no problems.

I've deleted the kernel source tree and reinstalled it, reinstalled the
compiler & includes, used find to locate any files I might have accidently
modified in the last few days, I'm running out of ideas of what to try next.

Any pointers would be most welcome.

Gary.