Subject: Re: NetBSD on Laptops...
To: None <carrel@cisco.com>
From: Havard Eidnes <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/18/1995 22:52:10
> ...  Maybe a registry where a driver could register a "before
> suspend" function and an "after suspend" function and maybe
> several others.  On most machines these routines would never
> get called, but on machines with APM and a running APM daemon,
> these routines would then get used.  I'm looking for ideas on a
> clean way to do this before I go crazy and implement something.

The APM stuff I have browsed through for Linux does exactly this
-- each PCMCIA driver registers (or should register) "before" and
"after" hooks with the APM part of the kernel.  I have also
browsed through one of (?) the PCMCIA variant(s) for Linux which
seems to have a sort-of sensible framework (which needs some
major work for NetBSD, btw.).  The good part about that PCMCIA
code is it's not copylefted.  Any takers?

A good start for browsing through what I've browsed through would
probably be

http://sunsite.oit.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/PCMCIA-HOWTO.html

- H=E5vard