Subject: panics with X running
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/04/1995 23:29:14
When X is running and I get a panic the video does not go back to text
mode.  Since I have only SCSI disks I cannot dump.  This is terrible--
all I see is the system hanging with no way to determine what went
wrong.  Is there any way around this save running without X and hoping
that the panic still happens?  I did this once when my diskless node
was causing mbmap to run out, but X offers many possibilies for panics
that will only happen when X is running.

Is it possible to hack ddb to switch to text mode on a panic?