Subject: NCSA httpd1.3, Netscape1.1b, non-networked NetBSD Machine
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Perleberg <pchris@panix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/02/1995 23:35:00
Hi,
	I want to do WWW development on a non-networked NetBSD (current)
Pentium90.  I've compiled NCSA httpd 1.3R, and I'm trying to run
Netscape 1.1b.  Netscape comes up fine (showing an initial screen but not
doing any network accesses), but once you select anything with
the mouse (menu/button/etc), it freezes.  I've installed the "nls"
directory as described in the readme.

I'm wondering if these problems arise because the machine is not on a
network, and doesn't have an ethernet card.  Should I expect problems
with httpd/netscape if I'm not on a network?  Is it possible to make a
local netscape <---> httpd connection work without a network connection?
Any suggestions on how to configure things to get this to work?

Thanks for any help,

	Chris Perleberg
	pchris@panix.com