Subject: more on floppy woes
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <r-boni@uiuc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/31/1995 15:15:53
In message <9503311835.AA00690@deadhead>, I pondered:

-> It seems that wierd things are afoot at the circle-F (that's F as in
-> floppy driver on the i386).

	Sorry to be a bonehead and follow up to my own mail, but here's some
	more data points:

		1. Dell 466/M with one floppy drive has no problem
		2. My home machine [Gigabyte 486/33 motherboard, one floppy
		   running off WD1007] does not work.

	All machines in question had either 1 3.5" drive, or 1 3.5" drive
	as the first drive and 1 5.25" drive as the 2nd drive. If it matters,
	I can rip apart some of the machines at work and see what the floppy
	drives are running off of [one is on a generic IDE card, one I think
	on an Ultrastore 14F, 3rd I have no clue...]

	Finally, I tried this with a disk I had made ~4 days ago, and it worked
	fine, so this seems like a real recent thing.

							--rafal

| In search of the stress-strain relationship governing  |/|       Rafal Boni |
| students of mechanics... Experimentally.               |\|  r-boni@uiuc.edu |