Subject: Re: Gateway 2000 keyboard vs ddb
To: Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcswork.hcs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/21/1995 13:12:46
>From the keyboard of Roland McGrath:

> I rebuilt my kernel with pcvt-320b22 and I still have the problem.

Please have a look at routine kbd_response() in pcvt_kbd.c. This is the
location at which Gateway 2000 support was done - perhaps you want to try
to increase the delay values.

I have no idea how to proceed with this, i have a couple of keyboards of
different brands and behaviours, but no Gateway keyboard so i cannot
reproduce this 'special' behaviour here.

The only solution i see is either someone sends me a Gateway keyboard which
shows this symptoms or an owner of such a beast invests some time finding
the real cause of the problem and fixing it.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis        GFKT HCS Computertechnik GmbH        Hamburg, Europe
                     We all live in a yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine ...