Subject: wanted: gdb that disassembles 16-bit code, and/or equivalent
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, eichin@cygnus.com, raeburn@cygnus.com,>
From: John Kohl <jtk@atria.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/15/1995 13:42:04
I'm hacking on dosemu/NetBSD, and I would very much like to be able to
disassemble 80x86 code that assumes it's in a 16-bit segment.  gdb
appears to always assume a 32-bit segment when interpreting instructions.
This especially matters for things that use immediate constants whose
size is a function of the default operand size.

Is there a way to coerce gdb into 16-bit disassembly mode?  Is there
some other tool I could use?  (I'd prefer teaching gdb, since that would
let me do live debugging rather than post-mortems).

==John