Subject: Re: XF86 question
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/05/1995 16:56:00
       Does anyone know how to get the SVGA X server to do 320x200 mode?

    I use `xf86config' to configure XFree86, and it seemed to do the right
    thing -- for one of the 2 monitors.  I spent entirely too much time
    playing DOOM and DOOM 2.

I ran xf86config, it generated 320x200 modelines that looked an awful lot
like what I tried to configure, including the "doublescan" keyword, and
the X server barfs on them.  Are you running 3.1.1?  Maybe someone commented
that out in the latest copy (that string doesn't appear in the binary).

Oh well.  Without sound and the mouse, DOOM just isn't as much fun, so I
guess I have to keep DOS around after all...   ;-)