Subject: Re: netscape under 1.0
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@ksu.ksu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/25/1995 19:43:40
Verily did Ken Hornstein write:

>>I have the same thing at home, and a 486 with a Mach32 VLB at work, and
>>both have the exact same problem.  Of course, Netscape also crashes
>>whenever I cut and paste to it, so I use Chimera.

> Chimera?  Never heard of it.  Got a pointer?

ftp://ftp.cs.unlv.edu/pub/chimera/chimera-1.61.tar.gz

That was the last version that I tried.  I couldn't get inline images
to appear, and there was some other problem (that I can't think of now)
with it.

If anyone has chimera working with inline images, I'd like to get a set
of diff's from you.

> I believe the cut/paste problem is because netscape wants the R5 nls
> directory;
> Terry Lambert mentioned on the FreeBSD mailing list that you could solve the
> core dump problem by putting the R5 nls directory in your X11R6 tree.

You can also fix it by grabbing the SunOS Netscape binary tarball and using
the nls-fix that's in there.  That worked for me.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@ksu.ksu.edu      Life: Rob@Manhattan.Kansas.USA.Earth

"Life's a journey, not a destination."  -- Aerosmith (1993), 'Amazing'