Subject: netscape under 1.0
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/25/1995 10:20:46
Anybody out there have weird font problems when running Netscape under 1.0?
Certain fonts (such as the one used in the preferences dialog) are all messed
up (the characters seem to have random bits scribbled over them).  I've
displayed netscape 1.0 to another machine and everything is fine, so I'm
suspecting the server.

This is running NetBSD 1.0 on a no-name EISA mb, VLB Mach32 w/2Mb VRAM,
XFree86 3.1.  I remember vague rumors about the font cache being screwy under
XFree86 3.1 for Mach32 cards ... is that actually the case?

--Ken