Subject: Re: swapping to a vnode device
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@lagavulin.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@vorpal.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/24/1995 17:57:29
>> there any reason why it is not enabled in files.i386.newconf?

>not that i know of.  i assume it works properly when you add a "vnd"
>to the swap description in your config file, and uncomment the 'major'
>declaration in the files.i386.newconf file?

No, it doesn't .. while I don't know much about the syntax of the newconf
file, I do know that there has to be more in it than just the one-liner
that is there. config.new fails with a `device 'vnd' used but not defined`
error. I'd suggest a fix but I'm not really sure what it should
be .. ;)

Cheers,
Phil
--