Subject: Audio CDs on mcd driver
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/03/1995 21:34:57
Re: a few messages on current-users:

Is the audio part of the mcd driver supposed to work correctly in
1.0 or -current? It doesn't work for me, for example:

[natte] xcdplayer -device /dev/rmcd0d
ioctl(cdromreadtocentry): Invalid argument
ioctl(cdromreadtocentry): Invalid argument
ioctl(cdromreadtocentry): Invalid argument
ioctl(cdromreadtocentry): Invalid argument
ioctl(cdromreadtocentry): Invalid argument
^C
[natte]

..and the tocentry commands on cdplay[er] produce the same thing. The Mitsumi
drive is recognized (mcd0 at isa0 port 0x300-0x303 irq 10) and I can mount
filesystems and read them just fine, just as I can play audio CDs
under DOS & Windoze.

Judging by the debug statements in mcd.c, work is still in progress on
this one (I vaguely remember seeing a message about that). Was it
Dave Burgess who was working on it? If a tester is needed, I'd be glad
to help out a bit.

- Frank