Subject: /dev/lpt0 drops characters but /dev/lpa0 does not
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Max Bell <mbell@teleport.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/21/1994 21:04:03
Hello again.  The subject line sums up the problem.  I am running 1.0 from
the dual-floppy installation set.  The irq is correct, but when printing to
/dev/lpt0 characters are dropped at random intervals.  The problem does not
seem to occur when using the polled device (/dev/lpa0).  I tried fiddling
with adding delays inside lptintr() but this had no effect, so I must be
barking up the wrong tree.  I first discovered the problem when trying to
print graphics images created by ghostscript -- lost characters are rather
obvious in this case, but it also occurs in normal text outputs.  Any help
would be appreciated.  Thanks muchly and happy holidays!

Max