Subject: SB problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <r-boni@uiuc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/27/1994 15:53:50
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I just stole a SB/16 from
a friend o' mine's dead machine and am having some problems.

Most importantly, it seems that any "[cat | cp] file.au /dev/audio" after the
first one will cause the cat or cp to block [wait chan. given as "audio"] and
sit there ignoring all signals.  Since it still has the audio device open, I
can't do anything else with it after that point.  The output from the speakers
is either just a hiss, or nothing at all [but that's cuz I have these damn AI
speakers that only turn on when they exceed some certain threshold of input]

My config is:  IO at 0x220, IRQ 7, DMA Chan. 3 [Sixteen bit DMA chan. 5]
DSP version is 4.12, as given by the probe.  The card works fine for the first
use but is no good after that...

					Any clues appreciated....
						--rafal

|"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit   |              Rafal Boni |
| 15% of the earth, which is 100% more than they |         r-boni@uiuc.edu |
| have now..." -Cartoon caption in New Yorker    | My opinions, not UIUC's |