Subject: 4.4LFS Question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Natasha Petry <jfk@eniac.seas.upenn.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/28/1994 21:33:03
First of all, thanks to whose who answered my earlier questions - they
were helpful.  As I'm still clueless as to which of the two mailing lists
is better for general questions, I'll keep posting to both groups (someone
clue me in so I don't waste bandwidth;)

Anyways, I've noticed some stuff about the 4.4LFS (log structured file
system?) in NetBSD1.0Beta (as of Aug 1).  I haven't been able to get
this to work (it either panics the kernel or reports a "bad file descriptor"
on /dev/rsdxx).

What I'd like is some pointer to papers, documents, books, etc on the
4.4 system in general - with specifics on this new type of file system.
The more theoretical and technical, the better, though overviews are nice
too:)  I'd prefer to start with publically available docs before buying
a book.

Finally, should I even be considering 4.4LFS (considering if it works)?
Is anyone else using it?  What are the advantages/disadvantages versus
a traditional 4.3(4.2) FFS?

Thanks for your help once again,
Jake