Port-hppa archive

Port status and support of 715

Hi all,

how is the port status? how does NetBSD work on a 715 class machine?
I searched the archives and it appears to be very quiet here.

I used to have a 715 dedicated to linux, but the HDD broke and I need to reinstall everything (scsi 50-pin are really rare nowadays). Apparently, linux support for 32bit is waning, a bit like sparc32.
How is compiler support?

Years ago, NetBSD support was spotty at best, lot of binaries di dnot compile, hard drive support and performances were bad: that was long ago and not my personal experience.

Due to my attachment to this machine and this architecture, I'd love to test the software I work on (GNUstep) with it. It used to work a long time ago, but libffi, libffcall and such are really tricky things!

Apparently, the only current OS that work on hppa 32 are NetBSD and OpenBSD, right?

Is it easily installable from CD, provided one of my SCSI cd's still work? I'd rather not go through all the net boot stuff

Riccardo