Re: can't mount root partition on hp 620lx

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 2:57 PM Valery Ushakov <uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost> wrote:

> You need the root to be called "a" as the kernel tell you with "root
> on wd0a ..." (or change your kernel config file)
>
> https://2004.eurobsdcon.org/uploads/media/EBSD04_37.pdf
> This used to work 20 years ago :)

Works like a magic 20 years after :). Thanks for the information!
Changing label indeed helped.
I had this idea in my head, but didn't realize this is the way to
change the label (was looking for some command to rename).

> Yes, I think this was accidentally lost in sys/arch/hpc/stand/Makefile
> revision 1.13
>
>   date: 2004-03-19 11:07:22 +0300;  author: jmc;  state: Exp;  lines: +7 -3;
>   branches:  1.13.2;
>   Convert to usage of UUDECODE_FILES and standardize on filename extension

Will look into this then, once I have some time. Thanks again!

Regards,
Andrius V