Subject: Re: NetBSD 4.0 release config
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@stderr.spb.ru>
From: Michael Wileman <jwileman@panix.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 12/26/2007 20:52:04
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 20:02:19 -0500, Michael Wileman wrote:
>
>> I avoided using the -current sources because someone else I know who
>> works in the NetBSD project told me that -current was undergoing some
>> major changes, and now might not be a good time to use it unless I
>> wanted to participate in the debugging. :)
>
> :)
>
> I dearly wish I had more time ATM to play with the power-management
> work by Jared and Joerg that hit the trunk recently so that hpcsh has
> real suspend.
>
> Re IrDA you mentioned in your original message - I still need to make
> scif(4) support more that one port and then I think irda should just
> work.

Real suspend would be a killer app.  As it is now, I shut down netbsd
every time I get on a plane and reboot later to save the battery.
IrDA working would be fun, too.  I still have one of those old cell
phones which can be used as a GPRS modem over IR, but that would
really just be the icing on the cake.

I'll be happy if I just manage to upgrade my 3.99.8 system to 4.0
(plus moving it to a much larger CF) without major headaches.  Stay
tuned.

Mike