Subject: Errors When Starting X
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Raishad Maharaj <raishad@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 09/03/2006 12:15:03
I have a 680e. I'm guessing it's the European model since it has a
Euro symbol on the keyboard and there is a sticker in Dutch on the
bottom. I'm using HPCBOOT Build 12. I have selected HP Jornada 680
(European) as the model type.
I'm running Netbsd release 3.0.1 and I'm having trouble getting X to work.

Whent I type startx, I get this,

/dev/ttyE0: 640x240 (1280bytes/line) 16bit offset=0
mouse: /dev/wsmouse(multiplexer
keyboard: /dev/ttyE0 (RAW XT keyboard)
key repeat: 400/100ms
keymap: us(pc105)

then X starts with the gray screen and x pointer
then it exits and I see the messages,

could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/x11/fonts/Type1,
removing from list!
could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/x11/fonts/CID,
removing from list!

And then the grey screen will then reappear and I'm unable to do
anything. Finally X will quit and when I get back to the terminal, my
keyboard behaves strangely. Typing 's' will result in "> ". Basically
all my keys are scrambled. I have to hard restart and boot into Netbsd
again.

Are there any extra files I have to configure to get x working? I
searched through the list but couldn't find anything dealing with the
"could not init font path element" error message.

Thanks,
Raishad