Subject: Re: Ericsson MC16 (HP 360LX) endianness
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Wysocki via ArcaBit <gophi@arcabit.pl>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 07/31/2006 10:06:48
26.07.06 gophi@arcabit.pl wrote:

> I'll try to get myself a new chip in a few days and will let you know if
> anything had changed.

Hi again,

I've managed to get my serial port working and tried to boot the kernel.
Machine keeps restarting, just like other people in the archive said - a
garbled screen for a while and restart into WinCE. But I made a simple
test.

1. Made a small, dummy, hang-me program.
[gophi@gofbsd ~]$ cat dummy.c
main() { for (;;); }

2. Compiled it and gzipped.
[gophi@gofbsd ~]$ shle--netbsdelf-gcc -c dummy.c
[gophi@gofbsd ~]$ shle--netbsdelf-ld -static -e main -S -o dummy dummy.o
[gophi@gofbsd ~]$ gzip < dummy > dummy.gz

3. Booted dummy.gz with hpcboot200.

And the PC still restarts. There are two conclusions:

1. I've compiled the program the wrong way (quite possible, unfortunately
I have no experience in cross-compiling at all, that's the reason I've
pasted the compilation commands above).

2. There's a problem in hpcboot.

What do you think?

--
[ Adam Wysocki :: www.chmurka.net :: +48 514 710 213 ]
[ Software Development Department, ArcaBit Sp. z o.o ]