Re: Ericsson MC16 (HP 360LX) endianness

25.07.06 gophi%arcabit.pl@localhost wrote:

Hello again,

> I'm reading chapter 27 (Crosscompiling NetBSD with build.sh) from
> NetBSD documentation and will try to build my own kernel and miniroot,
> maybe this will help...

Okay, hpcboot no longer complains about memory issues and boots the
kernel (at least that's what bootlog says), but:

- when booting with the original miniroot.fs.gz, the device freezes up
right after hpcboot has done it's work and displays the Ericsson logo,
[10] (sometimes [40], seems to be a bitwise-ORed sum of some flags) on
the bottom-left corner and a C letter on the bottom-right.

- putting cpu_reset() in front of machine_startup() in
arch/hpcsh/hpcsh/machdep.c
didn't change anything - the device still hangs up (unfortunately my
serial port in this handheld seems to be broken, so I can't test it
with a serial console).

- when booting with the sd root device, it leads to the same screen, but
the value displayed is [E0] and, instead of C, the letter W is shown.
Sometimes it then launches WinCE and sometimes not.

- putting an infinite loop in front of machine_startup() didn't change
anything - the device still reboots to WinCE.

My config file (minimalistic, just to check if it boots, diff against
GENERIC): http://www.chmurka.net/r/ERICSSON.txt

Any ideas?

P.S. Sorry for maybe naive questions, but I'm quite new to NetBSD and
embedded devices.

Greetings.

--
[ Adam Wysocki :: www.chmurka.net :: +48 514 710 213 ]
[ Software Development Department, ArcaBit Sp. z o.o ]