Subject: PCMCIA modem
To: port-hpcsh list <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wileman <jwileman@panix.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 01/02/2006 18:18:30
On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 17:21:59 -0500, Michael Wileman wrote:
>
>> Could this be a kernel configuration problem?
>
> Unlikely.  It seems the com driver cannot correctly access the com
> registers and midetects the com port properties.

If it were the com driver, shouldn't it affect both Christer and me,
or could it be modem dependent?

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Christer O. Andersson wrote:

> The only thing I can think of is that your modem needs a different
> baud rate, though it seems unlikely to me. I think all recent modems
> support auto-baud. Try some other possible baud rates, e.g. -s 9600
> or -s 38400 or -s 57600.

I don't think it's this, as the 115200 works OK on the i386 machine.
Unless the serial port on the Jornada is picky. I was wondering if
there is a config file somewhere that sets up the tty to match the com
port.

> I used my pcmcia combo modem as late as yesterday, to connect to a
> remote computer. So my modem definately works. (I only tried AT and
> ATI before).

Now I am even more frustrated that my own doesn't work. I wish I knew
of some way to troubleshoot this.

Mike