Subject: Re: More pcmcia modem
To: port-hpcsh list <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Christer O. Andersson <christer@a-son.net>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 12/14/2005 22:23:57
On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 02:19:34PM -0500, Michael Wileman wrote:
> I found this old report of problems with pcmcia modems in current when
> they didn't exist in 2.0.2. Anyone know if this kernel issue has been
> resolved. This might be what is keeping my modem from working. Could
> people with working pcmcia modems let me know what kernel version you
> are using on your Jornada.

Using a Diva Mobile PC Card from Eicon (a combo card for 128 kpbs
ISDN / 33.6 kbps modem) and cu -l tty01 -s 115200, I get replies
on AT and ATI from my HP620LX with 3.99.7, 3.99.14 and 3.0_RC6. I
do get character echo, no response on just a <CR> but at<CR> gives
me at as echo, a newline and OK. ati<CR> gives me ati as echo, a
newline, 33600, two newlines and OK.

I never attached a phone line, but the modem replied on serial
line. The plain modem is what I see on the serial line, I have no
idea how to use the ISDN part. I _think_ my userland is a binary
snapshot from netbsd-3 somewhere June, July.

--
Christer O. Andersson
Odensbacken