Subject: NetBSD on MC16
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Christer O. Andersson <christer@a-son.net>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 12/03/2005 18:07:54
Seems we are at least three persons trying to boot NetBSD on Ericsson
MC16 aka HP360LX. The bootloader (hpcboot200.exe, available from
CVS http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/arch/hpc/stand/binary/SH3/)
seems to be doing the work it should. It presents itself as Build
12, which to the best of my knowledge should work.

However, the kernel never succeeds in giving any sign of life, a
short delay and then a reset.

A quick glance at the specs for HP360 compared to HP620, known to
work, reveals a SH3@60MHz vs SH3@75MHz. There is also less memory,
8MB vs 16MB (my 620 has 32MB).

Any hints or ideas where to start looking? Is 8MB memory an issue?
I am not enough a NetBSD hacker to get much further without
assistance.

--
Christer O. Andersson
Odensbacken