Re: dhcpd.conf for nfs boot

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Matt Dainty wrote:

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 00:06 -0400, Michael Wileman wrote:
If anyone on the list has booted their Jornada from an nfs share on a
NetBSD server, could you send me a copy of your dhcpd.conf?

Or is there an easier way to do this than with dhcpd?

In my dhcpd.conf, the Jornada-specific bit is:

host jornada {
        hardware ethernet 00:de:ad:be:ef:00;
        fixed-address 1.2.3.4;
        option host-name "jornada";
        # next-server 5.6.7.8;
        option root-path "/export/jornada";
}

IIRC the "next-server" option is only necessary if you want to get the
Jornada to mount its NFS filesystem from somewhere other than the DHCP
server.

Thanks. Is your kernel also on the server, or do you use a local kernel and nfs root? Do you check nfs in hpcboot, or give it the local kernel and then tell it to mount root over nfs some other way. I'm a little hazy on the procedure here?

Mike