Re: upgrading distribution

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 15:32:46 -0400, Michael Wileman wrote:

No need to reformat the card, just untar the sets except the etc.tgz
in single user mode (or on another machine) and run postinstall(8).

So you mean untar them OVER the current installation?

Yes.

And can I run postinstall also on the other machine,

You should be able to, e.g. standard netbsd (cross) build runs it.

or it must be run on the 680?

It might be easier to run "na{t,}ively" on the 680.  Less options to
worry about ;).

It looks as if postinstall is in etc.tgz, which would not be installed. So I should extract just this file. Is there anything else from etc.tgz that postinstall will need?

There doesn't seem to be a man page.

Mike