Subject: upgrading distribution
To: port-hpcsh list <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wileman <jwileman@panix.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 08/26/2005 15:23:20
I am about to install the most recent snapshot onto my 680. I've done
some customization, for X, network, etc, and I don't remember all of
it. Is it possible there are any files I need to save from the current
setup other than the files under
/home and
/etc and
/usr/pkg/etc

I can't remember where else I might have made modifications (should
have taken notes).

My plan is just to newfs the netbsd partition, extract the sets,
extract a tar archive of the old /etc and /home, reinstall the
packages I built, then extract an archive of the old /usr/pkg/etc.

Am I missing anything here? All the online help talks about an initial
install, but no one discusses an upgrade.

Mike