Subject: Some X questions
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: lama <wrzymski@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 07/21/2005 21:18:47
Hello !

I've made some new packages from current pkgsrc on current 3.99.7
Netbsd. You can find it on Torsten Harenberg site
http://www.atlas.uni-wuppertal.de/~harenber/NetBSD-hpcsh/

 This packages leads me to some X questions

1) I've made all matchbox environment from pkgsrc-wip but cannot lunch
it. I'm not 100% sure but it might be Xhpc server problem with "no
shared memory extension". Am I making something wrong or is it
something with Xhpc or matchbox package ?

2) Xdoom works on 8bpp X servers only - I tried typical ways to change
it but nothing works - again questions is: Am I making something wrong
or is it impossible to change Xhpc for 8 bpp ?

Soon Torsten should add new packages, this time more useful like:

xpdf - works really good on 32MB jornada
ratpoison - in my opinion the best wm for Jornada - something like
screen for X, great for small screen, touch panel and limited jornada
resources.

best regards