Subject: HP620LX
To: None <port-hpcsh@NetBSD.org>
From: Oleg Gritsak <admin@sib-ecometall.ru>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 07/11/2005 17:15:36
Hello again! Have, probably, a stupid question. Pardon me, if so.
Are those kernels (ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/) all supposed
to be bootable? I know that CURRENT is for brave souls, but... in
interviews developers say, that unlike FreeBSD, NetBSD's HEAD is
very stable...

So... The problem is that my Jornada boots fine only with kernels
around 1.6x-2.x. But when I try 3.x [/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-3/]
or [/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/] there is a 99% probability, that the
At this time I can do whatever I want with other apps or even close
hpcboot (it is hpcboot build9, because I've got winCE2.0).

Three days ago I've managed to download kernel
[/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/200506280000Z/] and it has started OK!!! but,
I got late to download userspace, so it's useless now.... 8-) The rest
(I have tried something about a dozen) doesn't boot.

The question is: am I doing something wrong? :-)

p.s. Don't want sub 2.0, because it lacks APM. :(

--
системный администратор
ООО "Сиб-ЭкоМеталл"