Subject: Re: Pkgsrc crosscompile
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: bill gacie <billgacie@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 07/01/2005 18:52:41
On 7/1/05, Robert Liesenfeld <xunil@xunil.net> wrote:
> I don't currently own a Jornada 680, but I do have a Dreamcast; in
> various places I've read this is an SH3 processor, in others it claims
> to be an SH4.  Does anyone know which it is?

Jornada have SH3, and   Dreamcast SH4. =20
=20
> Assuming it's SH3 and code compiled on the Dreamcast would function as
> expected on the 'nada, I was considering setting up my Dreamcast to NFS
> boot and compile packages.  It'd be slow, sure, but I can just leave it
> run for weeks if necessary.

Dreamcast have faster CPU but is only 16MB so in real world might be
even slower than jornada.

> I'd be happy to host files for this project, but I wonder if there's not
> already an "official" spot for this on the netbsd mirrors?

NetBSD doesn't have offical packages for hpcsh. We should wait for
people like Uwe what they think about it. Is it possible to use cross
tools made during crosscompiling kernel/userlnad to crosscompile
pkgsrc ? - would be too easy I think :-) Jlime site points to this
http://kegel.com/crosstool/ .

#billgacie#