Subject: Re: touch-panel driver and manpage for PERSONA SH3 mahicne
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 06/19/2005 02:27:49
On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 17:52:11 +0900, KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:

> > Also, may be think about consistent naming convention for the future
> > drivers?  Why the lcd driver is h50lcd and touch-panel driver is
> > psh3tp?
>
> I was writing first by the name of h50XX.  I can have done the chance
> to borrow 30PA and 200JC one day.  And, it worked. They were all SH3
> machines. I changed the name to psh3XX.
>
> I have already written psh3pwr(4) and psh3lcd(4).  ;-)
> comming soon.

This is great news.  May be we should look into merging jornada and
persona drivers.  I've looked at the touch-panel code, and a lot of
code can be factored out, they only differ in the bits to pull and ADC
channels to read.

BTW, what does persona use for audio, sh7709 onboard DAC or a real
audio chip?  Jornada uses DAC, but I cannot make a driver that uses
DMAC/CMT to feed DAC to work - the machine locks up.  I wonder if
that's a hw design flaw or something.  WinCE on jornada does not use
DMAC at all.

Thanks.

SY, Uwe