Subject: Re: Xhpc vs 8-bit?
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 03/27/2005 05:07:12
On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 14:52:00 +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> > Send me the list of what you would like checked with Xhpc and I will
> > test it once I have the unit up and running.
>
> Just check if Xhpc runs correctly.  Reportedly it's not.
>
> I'll see if I can easily change the hd64461video driver to select the
> depth, so that I can debug it locally (and, vice versa, so that netbsd
> can alwasy use 16-bit).

Ok, so I tweaked hd64461video to use 8-bit mode.

As a side note - apparently hd64461video relies on the correct
colormap being already set up.  In my case it was not (as WinCE runs
in 16-bit mode), so text was black on black, but I had a simple
program to tweak colormap, so that was easy to fix.

Xhpc runs ok.  xdpyinfo returns a signle 8-bit visual.

I'm still interested in reports from people who have older WinCE ROMs
with 8-bit driver.

SY, Uwe