Subject: re: development
From: Michael McCormack <jne@iinet.net.au>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 02/12/2005 02:09:51
Hi all; Thanks for all the responses on my last post.

Torsten: pkgsrc/jed is excellent; exactly what I wanted.

Uwe: Still saving up to buy the HDD :)

I've just started my course and I'm working on some simple progs to
begin with; However, I've run across a problem with one of the textbook
examples (C++ code follows).

// quickie prog to convert decimal to hex

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
	int i;
	cout << "Enter decimal number to convert: ";
	cin >> i;
	cout << "0x" << hex << i << " hex.\n";
	return 0;

}

This code compiles and runs on NetBSD/hpcsh, but segfaults at the point
where it should print the hex value to stdout. Same code compiles and
runs clean on my FreeBSD/i386 desktop.

Is this indicative of a larger problem, or am I just a noob? :)

cheers,
-Michael.