Re: development

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 10:40:13 +1100, Michael McCormack wrote:

> Sheerly out of curiosity, is there anyone out there that uses their HPC
> for actual development? ie; writing/compiling code?
>
> If so, what tools can you recommend? I'll be studying C/C++ this year,
> and I thought it would be kinda neat to be able to work on my projects
> at lunch break, on the train home, etc..

gcc3 (esp. c++) is a memory hog.  I'm not sure you can compile
anything nontrivial w/out swap.  If you don't need connectivity, you
can use the pcmcia slot for something like a hitachi pcmcia hard drive
(though I haven't looked, if it's really a cardbus, in which case it
wouldn't work).

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%ptc.spbu.ru@localhost                         |       Zu Grunde kommen