Subject: Re: development
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 02/01/2005 20:27:41
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> 5GB PCMCIA drives seems to be under $200.  And they are really PCMCIA
> form factor.
>
>    http://www.epinions.com/Hard_Drives-1_5_GB-PC_Card
>

> If you'll get one, it would be nice to post its dmesg lines here.

 	I tried one in a NetBSD/i386 laptop and it worked fine... but was
 	_very_ much slower than a normal disk (a limitation of the pcmcia
 	interface), and I returned it as it was unsuitable for my specific
 	application. I was getting much less than 1MB/sec raw transfer
 	rate.

wdc0 at pcmcia1 function 0
atabus2 at wdc0 channel 0
wd1 at atabus2 drive 0:
wd1: drive supports 16-sector PIO transfers, LBA addressing
wd1: 4794 MB, 10390 cyl, 15 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 9818550 sectors

 	(UK ebuyer site)
     http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?product_uid=40915