Re: NetBSD 1.6 / 2.0 on HP Jornada 690 - Howto

Also sprach Orlando Torres (orlando_tg33%yahoo.com@localhost)

> I'm from Costa Rica (CentralAmerica), and I have a HP Jornada 690, my
> wish is to change the Windows CE 3.01 and Install NetBSD 1.6 / 2.0 but

You can't get rid of Windows CE, but you can use it as some kind of
fancy, colourful BIOS ;-)

> I don't know exactly How to do that.

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/06/05/Big_Scary_Daemons.html
describes installation on a 720, but it also fits to a 680.

All you need is a machine that can write compact flash cards with
NetBSD ffs (eg some flavour of BSD) and the latest NetBSD/hpcsh release.

Download the sets, copy them to your CF card and adjust /etc/, that's
all very well described in the above mentioned article. BTW, you don't
have to crosscompile a new release, simply take
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-2.0/hpcsh/

FTA: I  was asked some questions regarding NetBSD on Jornada,
therefor I wrote a small German HOWTO available at
http://www.net-tex.de/unix/netbsdhpcsh.html

Stefan
--
PostgreSQL at 21. Chaos Communication Congress

https://21c3.ccc.de/wiki/index.php/PostgreSQL