Re: Dreamcast Modem

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 02:46:01 +0200, sf%ciscos.dk@localhost wrote:

> Thought this might be of intrest, if anyone has further information
> please send it along.  I would LOVE to have modem/PPP support for
> dreamcast.
>
> http://boob.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard3/ikonboard.cgi?s=414b7cf12d9affff;act=ST;f=4;t=1195;st=0
>
> http://www.boob.co.uk/devtools.html <-- See Modem section, partial drivers
> written.

Internal modem in Jornada 680/690 is also based on this chip.  It's
accessible at base address 0xa8000000 with its 8-bit registers spread
at 16-bit steps (e.g. register 0x1b is at 0xa8000036).  I've done a
bit of reverse engineering on the relevant parts of WinCE image, but
only to verify the identity of the modem chip.  I use a PCMCIA modem
in rare occasions when I need one.

The driver code at http://ev.dhs.org/dreamcast/ carries no license,
unfortunately.

SY, Uwe