Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/hpc/stand/binary
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 06/12/2004 03:18:57
On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 05:15:22 +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 03:58:07 +0900, UCHIYAMA Yasushi wrote:
>
> [...]
> > I've also failed to boot 690. I can't find out what is the problem yet.
> > So I used ftp.netbsd.org 20040304 hpcsh snapshot to test new hpcboot(SH3).
>
> current kernel doesn't turn the LED on at all.  So the problem is with
> the 2nd loader code (unlikely) or page tags we pass to it.

That turned out to be a simple bug: p_memsz of new kernels was not a
multiple of 4, so the destination address of the elf header of the
symbol block was misaligned.  As 2nd stage loader uses word-by-word
copy, the page tag with elf header causes alignment fault.

I've just fixed this in kloader.c (1.12).  Please, can you apply the
fix to hpcboot/load_elf.cpp and recompile hpcboot?  I'd do that
myself, but the resulting binaries will have the Japanese names for
"Storage Card" not marked properly.

SY, Uwe