Subject: Re: Hp jornada 620 lx
To: Arnar Agustsson <agustssons@vortex.is>
From: Vesa A Norrman <vnorrman@cc.hut.fi>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 11/26/2002 10:07:35
On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Arnar Agustsson wrote:

> Hi.
> I see my jornada is on your supported list (http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hpcsh/), but I can´t find anywhere instructions how I should install netbsd on it..

This is a little information:
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hpcsh/howto-use.html

> I have got a CF card, 64mb which I intend to use, and would be very grateful if you could tell me where I can find instructions for setting it up on my specific version, or
> kindly tell me how to do it...

There is no installation helper program.
You have to:
- hpcboot
- partition storage card
- create file system
- copy files

hpcsh's disklabel (the program) can't create mixed msdos/netbsd storage
card disklabel without code change. Therefore, you need to make your own
miniroot or use some other laptop for install (maybe this is the
easiest?). I made a miniroot a while ago and then copied files to storage
card but didn't have much time to
make a good installation...
Looks like only Japanese keyboard is supported for 620lx, but the page may
be out of date ...
Vesa

--
                                    /`---*\