Subject: boot problems on jornada 680
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Dean <dean@deanandadie.net>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 10/10/2002 12:36:15
I downloaded hpcboot, miniroot.fs and netbsd.gz according to
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hpcsh/2002/07/15/0000.html
and active-sync'ed them to my jornada 680.  I am not using a CF card (yet) but
wanted to see if I could at least get miniroot running.  hpcboot runs find and
I can select what I think is the kernel and miniroot filesystem but I don't get
much of a boot from it.

In the first drop-down menu in the upper left, I have a /.  Just to the right of
that is "netbsd.gz" (should I gunzip the kernel?).  The correct device is
selected in the next drop-down menu.  Root filesystem is md with "miniroot.fs"
in the box (should that be /miniroot.fs?).  All three files are in the root
directory of my jornada - "my handheld pc"  I have "boot verbosely" and "serial
console 19200" checked.

Here's the verbose boot messages: