Subject: Re: Yet another lost and hopless Jornada 548 owner.
To: Brian K. White <brian@aljex.com>
From: Raymond W. Lucke IV <netbsd@raylucke.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 09/29/2001 21:27:53
The sad thing is that NetBSD boots up on the HP Jornada 548 and I have
connected to the serial port and typed commands at the shell prompt, and I
am even willing to write a video display driver for NetBSD, but I do not run
NetBSD on my desktop or servers, and really do not plan to for a while.

If someone could give me really simple cross compilation instructions,
including how to set up the cross compilation environment on FreeBSD, I
would HAPPILY try getting it working. I am not very familiar with the BSD
kernel in practice, though I have read a large amount of the book "The
Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating System" and understand the
concepts. I have pretty much just given up at this point of time, and since
I do not have the $$$ for an iPAQ or anything, I am just sticking with the
completely and utterly stupid Windows CE operating system.

Regards,

Ray