Re: palm-sized hardware for mobile project

>(We seem to lack a general hpc-list, hence the crosspost. apologies)
>
>I may be getting involved in developing a mobile application for a
>fairly visible place in Finland. The specs on the project are very
>loose, so basically the hardware/technology is under my discretion.
>Naturally I'd like to use NetBSD, not only because of the publicity
>value, but also because I don't want to use WinCE ;)

        is it possible for you to talk with vendors, or is it purely software
        project on existing hardware?  if the former, you may want to build
        a special NetBSD bootloader (which does not rely on WinCE) and then
        put that onto flashmemory of the device, replacing WinCE.  does it
        sound possible?

itojun