Trouble with hpcboot.exe on Cassiopeia A-11

[ Sorry for the crosspost, but my requests to subscribe to both
  port-dreamcast and port-hpcsh have yet be be approved by the
  list owners. ]

So, I tried to run the sh3 hpcboot.exe on my A-11, which is running
WinCE 1.0 (I put it on a PCMCIA flash disk and ran it from there).

It fails -- it doesn't even start up.  I get:

        HPCBOOT is not a valid Windows CE application.

Is it for a later version of WinCE?

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej%zembu.com@localhost>