Port-hpcmips archive

Re: 7.0 installation on z50 ends in db

...on Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 06:56:42PM +0000, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

 > Not the case on WorkPad Z50, any lengthy disk I/O operation will
 > result in a panic, for example: extracting base.tgz during install,
 > generating font cache during boot, periodic script running to generate

I yesterday reinstalled my z50 using the 201611032010Z snapshot,
and the crash is gone for me. Unpacking the sets is real slow,
but I think that's the SD card (I get about 350kB/sec downloading
the distribution files on the LAN using a ne2k PCMCIA card, and
about 160kB/sec unpacking the archives).

Didn't have the time to test anything beyond installation though.

Alex.