Port-hpcmips archive

Re: z50 keeps halting [freezing] after about 45 seconds installer runtime

Never mind on the install freeze issue.

Turns out I finally saw what this was about. My z50 battery was going
from low-to-critical, to-forced-suspend within the BSD power
management functions and this was cutting out all CF and wireless
resources spontaneously.  Without the battery connected I am still
having these problems.. I think this unit requires a working battery
or the NetBSD APC thinks it's running out of juice.

This would happen to me about 45 seconds after launching any install
kernel except 1.5. I suspect the 1.5 install kernal does not have an
APC module because that one went through without stopping. Even 1.6.2
was failing..

Thanks,
F.