Subject: cross compile help needed
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: john lonie <johnlonie@email.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/06/2007 11:01:23
I am trying to find how to cross compile packages for my MobilePro=20
800(Mips Vr4121). I have NetBSD BETA 4.0(i386) installed on a VMWARE=20
machine. I have pkgsrc in /usr/pkgsrc. On the H/PC I have NetBSD BETA=20
4.0(hpcmips) with pkgsrc in /usr/pkgsrc. I tried to compile kismet on=20
the H/PC but it is really slow. After running for about 36hrs it=20
started failing because an autoconf or automake error. I want to=20
cross-compile to avoid smashing the handheld with a sledge hammer. I=20
have looked at tons of info on the net but cannot find anything=20
current.
http://www.netbsd.org/ports/hpcmips/howto-develop.html
http://acruhl.freeshell.org/mobilepro880_netbsd.txt

I don't need to compile the kernel just packages. I want to put=20
icewm,kismet,web browser(any). I need to know if anyone can point me=20
to a tutorial or tell me how to set this up. I am really young when=20
it comes to linux and younger in NetBSD. I can move around, wrestle=20
with vi and read man pages.

Thanks for any help.

johnlonie*You know what goes here*email.com

--=20
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com!