Subject: Re: Vadem Clio 1050 hardware and software support?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Juergen Sell <juergen.sell@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/14/2007 18:08:06
To followup my own post I did solve some of the issues.

Cross compiling my own vr41xx kernel on an i386 linux box from the cvs
-r netbsd-4 helped.
I did find the conf/VR41XX file and the options flags for KB_SWAPCTRLCAPS
and the VT support WS_DISPLAYDEFAULTSCREENS, so that works.
Still do not understand how to tell the build process to build with
the clio-1050 keymapping. Or is there some automagic? Can I tell it
more specific than ./build.sh .... -U  tools kernel=VR41XX ?

> 1)
>  how does battery life under netbsd compare to wince?

So far battery life seems to equal that under wince when moderately
browsing the web with links.

> 2)
> How can I read battery status?

according to an old (around year 2000) TODO file not yet ?
Dont know if that still holds, as some things mentioned in that old
file seem to work.

> 3)
> Upon suspend (with the power button) the display remains on thus
> consuming power?
> Is there any way to completely turn it off (and on again upon resume)?

The same TODO says not yet.
I would be willing to try a few things here if someone has any hints?

> 4)
> how can I attach some script (to fetch current date) upon resume?

Did not find any userland hooks so far.

> 5)
> under X with Xhpc the digitizer orientation is rotated: moving the
> stylus left-right moves the cursor up-down and vice versa. ( I run the
> video reversed when starting from pbsdboot as white on black if that
> matters) Is there an option to change the digitizer orientation?

Digitizer still works only under X. Orientation is still rotated. So
far no idea where to start. My first try to rebuild the distribution
failed anyway.

> 6)
> how do I make the win key and the alt-modifiler key working? (under
> wince alt-up gives page-up etc.)

? still unsolved. All the older diff files that once existed seem to
have been merged into the cvs kernel source tree already? So for the
time being I am lost here.

> 7)
> which web browser is usable on hpcmips?
I finished building links-2 via pkgsrc on the machine. So far no luck
setting up cross-compilation for pkgsrc on the i386 linux box so this
takes a looong time. Still trying a native build of links-gui and
dillo on the target.

> Your help is appreciated, thank you. Juergen
This remains very true. Juergen