Subject: Cross Compilling programs for compaq C2010
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Matias Gut <matiasar@tournet.com.ar>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/09/2007 12:09:06
Hello all!

As I mencioned, I got netBSD installed on a Compaq C2010. I'd like to
install fluxbox and nano or vim.
I tried to compile fluxbox but, logically, It would take a lot of time.
./configure was ok, but runnig make the process stopped apparently
because I have no swap on the CF device (in order to preserve it a
little I did not configure a swap partition).

As far as I'm concerned, there's no binary packages for the mips ports
of netBSD, right?

My question is the following: there would be any way of compilling
applications in another box (out of the little compaq c2010) and then
take them to handheld?
In that case the machine arquitecture should be the same (a mips
processor) or an i386 could be used?
Sorry for the elemental level of the question... I'm new to bsd and
compilling.

Thanks in advance,
Matías