Subject: Re: NetBSD on Mobilepro 780
To: Rich <richardson_00@yahoo.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/26/2007 10:05:12
On 2/25/07, Rich <richardson_00@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a Mobilepro 780, a 1GB CF card and a WaveLAN Silver wifi card. I did
> a FTP installation and everything when fine. All the packages installed,
> answered the settings questions then was returned to the SYSINST main menu.
> I select reboot the computer but it turns off instead. I have to press the
> reset button to get the device on again. Win CE then boots up. I go back to
> pbsdboot and all I get is the SYSINST install menu. I have reinstalled over
> and over but I get the same results.

I don't believe that there is any way to automatically boot NetBSD on
one yet. You must boot into WinCE and then use pbsdboot.exe to load
the kernel from the FAT partition. It's kind of tedious, but a fact of
life so far.

If you're in NetBSD, you should be able to do a reboot and it will
stay in NetBSD.

Andy